Known for their lively sweet nature and big floppy ears, Cocker Spaniels are the perfect family companions. Because of their high energy levels and oversized ears, picking the right bowl for your four-legged friend is extremely important. Their ears can get wet and that can cause problems for them such as infections that can be life-threatening. With that being said, what are the best dog bowls for Cocker Spaniels?
Related Article: The Best Water Bowls for Dogs with Long Ears
CHECK OUT OUR ETSY SHOP
Best Dog Bowls for Cocker Spaniels; Material
Before we get into the actual best dog bowls for Cocker Spaniels it is important to keep a couple of things in mind as you are making your choice such as the material of the bowls themselves. The best type of bowl to choose would be something sturdy and durable such as stainless steel or high-quality plastic.
It is also important to make sure that it won’t move so you can choose a product that has non-slip feet or rubber bearings. A non-slip mat would be a viable option as well because then the food and water would have something to spill and fall onto.
Their drinking bowl should be shallow enough for them not to get scared to put their head in but deep enough to where it can actually hold a decent amount of water.
Some dogs are known to get discouraged from drinking or eating out of their bowls because of the loud ringing sound that is made once they hit it. If that would be a problem for your dog one of the melamine or nonhazardous plastic options may be the best fit for you.
Best Dog Bowls for Cocker Spaniels
1. PETish Spaniel Bowl For Long Ear Dog
If you are looking for the best dog bowls for cocker spaniels then this is a perfect choice.
This bowl is designed with long-eared dogs such as Cocker Spaniels in mind. The shape of the bowl(s), allows for your pet to insert their head into the bowl, without food or water damaging their ears.
It is available in two sizes: medium (17oz- 6.3 x 5.3 x 3.0 inch) and large 27oz- 7.5 x 6.0 x 3.7). The good thing is that you can get it in different colors including banana yellow and candy pink. You can choose whichever one works best for you.
- It is specially designed for long ear dogs so that they can eat without getting their ears dirty or wet.
- A deep elevated bowl that prevents the food and water from spilling.
- Made highly durable and long-lasting.
- Easy to clean.
- Brushed stainless steel
- Rubber bottom
- No hazardous chemicals used
- Only medium or large
- Only 2 colors
2. Flipo Ear Clear Dog Bowl & Mat Set
The Flipo Ear Clear Dog Bowls & Mat Set is perfect because everything you need to know about it is in the name itself. It is a mat set that comes with two bowls, one for feeding and one for drinking.
The bowls themselves are narrow so the only thing that goes inside during feeding or drinking time is your companion’s head, no ears at all. The dimensions of this product are 24.5 x 13 x 3 inches, weighs 1.8 pounds, and comes in the color gray.
Furthermore, the bowls can hold up to a total of 36 ounces making it a perfect choice for the best dog bowls for Cocker Spaniels.
- Keeps pets ears out of bowls with a unique design
- Ear Clear bowls are dishwasher safe
- Mat designed to keep bowls in place
- Mat Included
- Bowls are dishwasher safe
- Bowls are made out of a high-density plastic
- The design promotes healthy eating.
- Only one color
- Only one size
3. Neater Feeder Express Pet Feeder
This next choice by Neater Feeder is perfect because of the functionality. It is equipped with a basin that allows spilled water to drip into the bottom of the product.
This is the perfect option for the Cocker Spaniel who likes to make a mess during feeding or drinking time. In addition, this product includes a kick-proof elevated stand. It is made with high-quality stainless steel for durability.
The great thing is that it is available in different colors including bronze, gunmetal, cappuccino, camo green, and midnight black. With so many options you can pick the best one for your dog. There are two sizes available including small and medium. The dimensions of the bowls are 14″ x 9″ x 6″.
- Stainless steel dog bowls
- Durable for indoor and outdoor use
- This product comes with extension legs so you can adjust as needed
- It is 100% dishwasher safe and can be easily hand-washed
- High-quality material
- Dishwasher safe
- 2 stainless steel dog bowls included
- Multiple parts to clean
4. Dogit Elevated Dog Bowl
The Dogit Elevated Dog Bowl was designed with dogs with pre-existing conditions in mind. With that being said, they are also perfect for Cocker Spaniels because of the shape and design of the bowls.
This specific product is elevated and comes in multiple colors. It has a non-skid rubber bottom and includes a dishwasher-safe stainless steel dog bowl insert. Making it one of the best dog bowls for Cocker Spaniels. Also, perfect if you have Cocker Spaniels that have health issues.
Made with stainless steel, you can get the bowl in two different sizes. This includes small and large. You can choose the size that suits your dog’s requirements. The product dimension is 3.8 x 6.5 x 6.5 inches.
- Designed to promote healthy eating habits
- Ideal for dogs with joint or muscle problems.
- Meant for serving both food and water to your dog.
- It is best suited for large dogs, older dogs, or dogs with joint and muscle problems.
- Lightweight and has a capacity of 300 ml.
- You can easily clean the bowl using dishwasher liquid whenever it is needed.
- Stainless steel
- Easy to clean
- Provides extra comfort
- No medium size is available
5. Super Design Elevated Dog Bowl Raised Dog Feeder
Very similar to our previous product, this option by Super Design is designed to promote healthy eating habits within your Cocker Spaniel while helping them to maintain correct posture.
You can get this product in a large variety of colors including black, blue, and white. In addition to multiple colors, there are other sizes based on cup size. Which are 1 cup, 2.5 cups, and 4 cups. This stainless steel bowl has a product dimension of 9.4 x 9.4 x 5.9 inches. Making it a solid choice for the best dog bowls for Cocker Spaniels.
- Reduces stress on bones and joints
- It is a non-spill dog bowl with a higher edge on part of the rim to prevent food spilling.
- It is a non-slip melamine bowl with rubber straps under the melamine stand to ensure the bowl stays in place during mealtime. Along with it also helps protect the floor.
- It is easy to clean so that you don’t have to waste enough time cleaning it. It is also dishwasher safe.
- Easy to clean
- Non-slip design
- Curved handle
How Much Water Should A Cocker Spaniel Drink?
The average Cocker Spaniel should drink around 1.5 bowls or 750 mL of water a day. It is especially important for your dog to drink water in the hotter summer months which would see an increase to just over 2 bowls of water a day. The average weight for both female and male Cocker Spaniels is around 30 pounds. A healthy dog should be drinking an ounce for every 1 pound of their body weight per day. If you have suspect that you may have a problem with your companion please contact a local veterinarian. We hope you have found our list of the best dog bowls for Cocker Spaniels helpful.